In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place to talk about the Texas Longhorns
The place for off topic discussion on Hookem
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
9 and 4 at Texas sucks!
- Jeff Howe
I think I'm going to make a poster of that. Holy shit that's funny.
best pic evvvaaaarrrrr!!!!!
Lets fire this puppy back up.
Mack, please retire.
Him and DeLost Dudds must go!
A'Shawn flips to Bama
Smythe decides to go out of state to Indiana, land of the homely
Billings straight up chooses Baylor over Texas
You can talk about Diaz and the poor defensive recruiting if you want. Fine me with. The buck doesn't stop there though.
I asked nicely the other day and got a -1.
So today I'm bumping this thread with a simple reiteration:
FIRE MACK BROWN!!!!!
And since the man with the power to do so won't...
FIRE DELOSS DODDS!!!!!!!
CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE WASTELAND OF UPPITY JACKASSERY KNOWN AS BELLMONT!!!!!!!!
Hi, chips. HI!
And, no, I'm not above multiple thread bumps in less than an hour.
Really amazing how quiet the Mack supporters are at this moment - many have complained about Mack for a year now and were ripped to shreads, being called negative, etc - sometimes the truth hurts - most are NOT trying to be negative but telling the obvious - something has to change with the program, whether everyone agrees or not - definitely a hard time right now but things will get better sooner or later
No need. I'm here to help
The whole Major/Kearney fiasco was a major kick to the nads. Definitely time for major change and please, please, please include Plonsky in the clear out.
Some interesting notes from 24/7 states rankings. I think Gerry and company are the best in the business so I will use their rankings.
- Texas only has 2 of the top 15 players in the state and only 3 of the top 20 players in the state.
- Meanwhile, Ohio State was able to pull in 3 of the top 15 players in this state. A school 2000 miles away with no recruiting ties what so ever to the high schools here, that's on current sanctions and will be on probation..... pulled in more prospects in the top 15 than Texas. Let that sink in.
- Texas A&M will sign twice as many prospects (8) in the top 25 than Texas (4).
- Texas will miss out on every 5 star recruit in Texas.
- Texas will sign ZERO of the top 12 defensive recruits in this state.
- Texas will sign only TWO of top 20 defensive recruits in the state of Texas.
- Texas missed on every RB prospect in the state. Keith Ford (ou), Dontre Wilson (tOSU), Kyle Hicks (TCU), James White (a&m).
- Texas missed on the top 4 WR prospects in the state of Texas. Two of them are 5 star recruits.
- Texas only took 1 QB... a project. Texas will not sign any of the top 3 QBs in the state (Thomas, Barrett, Stewart).
- Texas will miss on the best TE prospect to come out of Texas in a while when there is a huge need for a TE. Shocking.
- Texas missed on EVERY DT and DE in state. Every single one. In a year where it was crucial to stock up, we fell right on our face. 2014 is a horrible year for DTs and DE (except Thomas and Garrett and we are most definitely not getting Garrett).
- Texas missed out on the top 2 LB prospects in the state. Davis is as good as Doc Shaw so it's not as bad but we still missed out on Mike Mitchell.
- Texas missed out on the top 3 DBs in the state. Texas also missed out on Cole Luke (OOS), a prospect they recruited very heavily.
- With that said, Texas will sign arguably the best OL class in the country. Give Searels a raise and fire every other coach.
Mind if I copy and paste on the Nat'l Board? No? THANKS!
275-0 scoring margin
Dana X Bible's National Championship team
The include Plonsky is absolutely right. Having an apple like that can ruin the whole bushel.
Houston teen with cancer is on our team.
Nolan’s one-year journey had a few other unexpected “miracles.” He got to meet Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt. At another event, he posed for pictures with country music star Jason Aldean. And as a Longhorn fan celebrating a now cancer-free life. we asked if he had any advice for his team.
“Yes sir,” the always polite young man responded. But he also laughed, “Fire Mack Brown!”
A Houston-area family had no idea a scuffle between two boys would lead doctors to a life-saving diagnosis of their 14-year-old son.
This deserves it's own 100+ upvote thread!
Now the sunshine pumpers that love Mack the humanitarian can't say, "but he's so great because of _______ charity."
We got a cancer surviving kid keepin' it real! Can't find much more truth than that.
This post was edited by Black Shipley 17 months ago
The f*cker (Mack) is holding the program hostage. He's probably scared to death to retire.
At this point if Mack retired or released who would be available or willing to lead the program - I guess Patterson from TCU would be a strong candidate but who else?
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports