In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 222
Online now 985 Record: 7224 (2/22/2012)
The place to talk about the Texas Longhorns
The place for off topic discussion on Hookem
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
For the golf nuts on the site, Dustin Johnson has withdrawn from The Masters with a back injury.
Should be one tremendous Masters.
Course is soft right now, may be some more rain showers Thursday and Friday. Weekend mid-70's and no rain expected.
This post was edited by Gerry Hamilton 2 years ago
National Director of Scouting & Recruiting Analyst
...numerous big names will be in contention...but I'm taking TW by 2+ shots going away over G McDowell, B Haas, B Watson, and/or J Rose in contention
This post was edited by mcb0703 2 years ago
it's going to be low scoring- i like that.
I'm rooting for Rory to win it after that epic collapse last year.
The Masters is a bit odd for me this year.
For those that don't know Jim Mandich, he was an All-American TE at Michigan who was later inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.
He would go to the Masters every year and always have these great stories.
Last year he passed away from cancer so this will be the first time I can remember not getting to hear a story.
Since Kaymer holed it on the traditional skip shot on 16, shouldn't everyone just concede?
I think Rory got screwed with his tee time. The course will be a little rough by the time he comes up.
• 7:40 a.m.:Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Jack Nicklaus (honorary starters)
• 7:50 a.m.:Craig Stadler, Brendan Steele, Tim Clark
• 8:01 a.m.:Jose Maria Olazabal, Robert Garrigus, Randal Lewis
• 8:12 a.m.:Larry Mize, Paul Lawrie, Anders Hansen
• 8:23 a.m.:Ross Fisher, Ryan Palmer, Harrison Frazar
• 8:34 a.m.:Ben Crenshaw, Robert Karlsson, Bryden Macpherson
• 8:45 a.m.:Adam Scott, Bo Van Pelt, Martin Kaymer
• 8:56 a.m.:Steve Stricker, Padraig Harrington, Stewart Cink
• 9:07 a.m.:Aaron Baddeley, Kyung-Tae Kim, Lucas Glover
• 9:18 a.m.:Kyle Stanley, Jason Day, Bill Haas
• 9:29 a.m.:Trevor Immelman, Rickie Fowler, Justin Rose
• 9:40 a.m.:Tom Watson, Johnson Wagner, Hideki Matsuyama
• 10:02 a.m.:Matt Kuchar, Geoff Ogilvy, Yong-Eun Yang
• 10:13 a.m.:Gary Woodland, Henrik Stenson, Alvaro Quiros
• 10:24 a.m.:Charl Schwartzel, Keegan Bradley, Kelly Kraft
• 10:35 a.m.:Tiger Woods, Miguel Angel Jimenez, Sang-Moon Bae
• 10:46 a.m.:Luke Donald, Francesco Molinari, Nick Watney
• 10:57 a.m.:Scott Verplank, Sean O'Hair, Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano
• 11:08 a.m.:Mark O'Meara, Chez Reavie, Martin Laird
• 11:19 a.m.:Sandy Lyle, Simon Dyson, Corbin Mills
• 11:30 a.m.:Ian Woosnam, Edoardo Molinari, Kevin Chappell
• 11:41 a.m.:Louis Oosthuizen, Mark Wilson, Graeme McDowell
• 11:52 a.m.:Zach Johnson, Ian Poulter, Patrick Cantlay
• 12:14 p.m.:Kevin Na, Fredrik Jacobson, Ben Crane
• 12:25 p.m.:John Senden, Jonathan Byrd, Paul Casey
• 12:36 p.m.:Bernhard Langer, Jason Dufner, Charles Howell III
• 12:47 p.m.:Mike Weir, Brandt Snedeker, Webb Simpson
• 12:58 p.m.:Vijay Singh, Lee Westwood, Jim Furyk
• 1:09 p.m.:Thomas Bjorn, Scott Stallings, Rory Sabbatini
• 1:20 p.m.:Fred Couples, Darren Clarke, Ryo Ishikawa
• 1:31 p.m.:David Toms, K. J. Choi, Sergio Garcia
• 1:42 p.m.:Angel Cabrera, Rory McIlroy, Bubba Watson
• 1:53 p.m.:Phil Mickelson, Hunter Mahan, Peter Hanson
That McIlroy pairing is a bombers group. Wow.
It's going to be a great Masters. I think Woods will win. Hasn't finished out of the top 10 since 2004.
Just to add a little more.......this is Tiger's 18th appearance. In the previous 17, he has 4 wins and 12 top 10s, Pretty f'ing fantastic considering two of those appearances were as an amateur. So we're talking 12 top 10s in 15 appearances as a pro. Uh yeah, pretty safe pick despite not winning in the last 7.
Final pairing on Sunday. Who you got?
I got Tiger, McIlroy in the final group.
There is nothing more dangerous in this world than a man with nothing to lose.
I'll take the field
Thats too broad man. Pick a pair.
I remember when people were taking bets and picking tiger or the field.
You know Lefty will be in the mix somewhere. His record at Augusta is damn near as good as Tiger's. 19 appearances, 13 top 10s, and 3 wins.
I am a Lefty guy and he has been playing well and will definitly be in the mix. I know Tiger will be in the middle of it as well, but wonder if his putting will hold up. got to have an old fart in the mix to make it great for all, so I will say VIjay gives it a run this weekend. I would like to see Couples as well, but don't know if his back will hold up.
If we are going to put an old guy in the mix, I think it will be Olazobal (SP?) or Clarke.
If I had to put an older guy in the mix it would be Westwood
You really went out on a limb there.
I'll guess Steve Stricker and Geoff Ogilvy.
This post was edited by TXA2009 2 years ago
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports