In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 1255
Online now 209 Record: 7224 (2/22/2012)
The place to talk about the Texas Longhorns
The place for off topic discussion on Hookem
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
To use, click on link, then click 4 times on magnifier glass to enlarge.
a) went ahead and moved Diggs to Safety. Other DB shifts likely as well...
b) moved Hawkins to C and Harrison into starting tackle. He may share time with Estelle.
c) still showing D.J. Grant coming back, but that is uncertain, as he may/may not take available medical redshirt year.
d) left Edmond as clear starter at MLB, because he is best true MLB regardless of his troubles in his first full season.
Observations & opinions:
1) OL pipeline looks to be finally fixed. It will be broken again if we don't get at least 3 more '13-'14 recruits.
2) We are about to enjoy our best 3 season run of talent in a long tiime. I said "talent", not coaching...
3) DL pipeline is developing a real problem. We have 3 DL for the 2016-17 graduating classes.
4) We could have 15-25 guys make NFL rosters in the next 3 years.
5) We peak in '14 and '15, although we'll be breaking in a new QB in '15.
275-0 scoring margin
Dana X Bible's National Championship team
HOPKINS not Hawkins
you have it right on the chart.
DJ has quit football and is not applying for a med shirt.
Think our coaching has taken a serious upturn Searles >>>>> McWhorter Wyatt >>>>> BK Major >>>>>>Harsin.
Of course that is offset by question marks on the other side of the ball.
This post was edited by IDMAS 15 months ago
a)Don't see Diggs moving to fulltime safety. I could see him taking over Vaccaro's nickel/eraser role in dime and nickel though, which we will see a lot of.
b) Don't see Hawkins going to center instead of Hopkins, but anything goes once Harrison gets to school over the summer and Searels is looking for the best 5, so its possible.
d) Your guess is as good as mine as to LB, Edmond showed a lot of weakness and holes in his game, but every other linebacker had their own weaknesses. If I had to pick 3 LBs to roll with though, it'd be Jackson, Thompson, and Jinkens.
3) I agree. The coaches must be a lot higher on Boyette and Norman than I am to spend 2013 chasing RBs, QBs, and WRs and completely ignore DT and DE outside of Robinson.
Thanks for putting this together. The lack of depth is pretty scary after next season, especially in the trenches (OT/DT).
Billings is a DT. We signed four DEs in the 2012 class. We already have one DE committed for '14.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports