In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place to talk about the Texas Longhorns
The place for off topic discussion on Hookem
You have no favorite boards.
From Brett Murphy @ CBS Sports (via ESPN)...
- "While sources said this discussion has not formally taken place yet, the 'BCS AQ conference status label' is going, going, gone. 'Oh yeah, they're gone,' said one commissioner."
- "The commissioners appear to favor a seeded four-team playoff opposed to a plus-one (one game after the bowls for the national championship), however I'm told that a one-game playoff after the bowls is still very much in play."
- "The commissioners that responded favored playing the semifinal games on campus and holding the title game at a neutral site -- either an existing BCS bowl or letting cities bid for the title game. There was not much support for holding the semifinal games at neutral sites."
- "The commissioners are split almost down the middle whether this should be limited only to conference champions."
- "The commissioners want the semifinals played around Christmas with the final as close to Jan. 1 as possible."
I don't think there's one system that will make everyone happy but at least they're talking about it.
9 and 4 at Texas sucks!
- Jeff Howe
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports